Our executive/working committee
Gerry Jones, Chair
Gérard Malo, Vice-Chair
Kathryn Atkinson-Horgen, Secretary
Matthew Radz, Communication committee chair
Raj Narain, Treasurer and communications committee
Christina Sorensen, Membership
Rosemary Knes, Communications committee and membership
Tony Cote, Communications committee
Kathryn Tessier, Member-at-large
Jack Wilson, Member-at-large
Pat Goodland, Member-at-large
Robert Peladeau, Member-at-large
CWA Canada Retirees Council
301-2200 Prince of Wales Drive
This Organization shall be known as the CWA-SCA Canada Retirees Council.
ARTICLE I, OBJECTIVES
- To cooperate with CWA-SCA Canada, its retired workers’ chapters, other unions, union retiree organizations and community organizations with mutual objectives.
- To monitor social, economic, educational, legislative and political events of interest to retired CWA-SCA Canada union members and their partners.
- To petition legislators for the introduction and enactment of legislation on measures to improve the health and welfare of all retired persons.
Campaigns and all other actions will be conducted consistent with the policies of CWA/SCA Canada.
ATICLE II, MEMBERSHIP
- A retired member of CWA-SCA Canada and his or her partner.
- An active dues paying member of CWA-SCA Canada who has reached the age of fifty-five (55) and his or her partner.
ARTICLE III MEMBERSHIP FEES
- Twenty dollars ($20) per year for a CWA-SCA Canada union retiree which includes membership for his or her spouse.
- Twenty dollars ($20) per year for an active dues paying CWA-SCA Canada union member who has reached the age of fifty-five (55) which includes his or her spouse.
- Fifty percent (50%) of the fees collected from members in an area where there is a CWA-SCA Canada retirees chapter will be given to that chapter.
ARTICLE IV, EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE
- The executive committee will be elected at a general membership meeting to be held in the fall every two (2) years.
- The executive committee will consist of a chair, vice-chair, secretary, treasurer, communications, membership and any other officer(s) deemed necessary by the membership, and up to five (5) members-at-large.
- The chair and at least five (5) other positions on the executive committee shall be held by retirees.
- If a position becomes vacant between elections the executive can appoint a person to fill the position until the next election.
- The chair or designate will represent the council on the CWA-SCA Canada national representative council.
- The chair or designate(s) will represent the council in dealings with any other organizations.
- The executive committee is authorized to reimburse members for necessary expenses in performing duties on behalf of the council.
- Cheques shall be signed by the treasurer and one other officer with signing authority.
ARTICLE V, EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE MEETINGS
- The executive committee will meet via conference call every three (3) months, excluding the months of June, July and August.
- Special meetings may be held at the request of the chair.
- Members in attendance at a meeting will constitute a quorum.
- Between meetings, the chair or designate(s) shall be empowered to act on behalf of the executive.
ARTICLE VI, BYLAWS AMENDMENT PROCEDURE
- These bylaws, once adopted, may be amended by submitting a proposal to amend the bylaws at a membership meeting.
- A two-thirds (2/3) vote of the membership in attendance will be required for adoption.